SENCO and SEN Staff
Our SENCO is Mrs R. Edmond, who is undertaking the NASENCO Award and can be contacted through the school office on 01429 880 358.
More details of the SENCO’s role can be found in the SEN Policy which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.
External Specialists and Other Bodies
The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
- Durham County Council Local Offer
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- CAMHS Assessment Team
- One Point Children’s Service
- Educational Social Workers
- Health Agencies
- School Nurse
- Special Educational Needs Inclusion Team
- Looked After Children
- Occupational Therapy Service
- School Parent Support Advisor
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Relax Kids
- Beanstalk Readers
- School Counsellor
How we secure specialist expertise
Our Additional Needs Budget is used to support children and young people with SEN by offering a wide range of intervention and enhancement programmes within school and through our partnerships with other agencies and professionals within the Local Authority.
This is used to support children and young people with SEND by:
- Upskilling teachers to broaden their SEN knowledge and skills
- Increasing adult support to provide additional support in the classroom and deliver interventions
- Engaging external specialists such as; Speech and Language team, Cognition and Learning team, Educational Psychologist
- Buying resources to support SEN needs within the classroom and school
If a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes.