The Governing Board of Deaf Hill and Kelloe Primary Federation have agreed to convert both schools to academy status. Please read Parent Information for further information.
Deaf Hill and Kelloe Primary Schools became a Federation on 1st September 2019. We were already working closely together and had a shared Headteacher and felt federating would bring us many benefits. It has been a very successful partnership and some of those successes and benefits are outlined below.
- They benefit from a greater variety of teaching expertise, resources, facilities and additional specialist provision which is shared across both schools.
- Individual schools continue, but with access to a larger range of opportunities.
- Children have increased opportunities to work with children from the other school.
- The strong and proven successful leadership of the schools is being utilised and strengthened for the benefit of both schools and their communities.
- In times of curriculum/school change, a strong Federation is much better placed to manage those changes thus enabling children to receive maximum benefit.
- Increased opportunities to observe, build, and share best practice through innovative and reflective approaches to education.
- Developing mutual support across schools.
- An enhanced Continued Professional Development (CPD) programme.
- Wider career opportunities and progression at all levels.
- Access to a greater range of resources and professional support.
- Improved opportunities for the recruitment and retention of outstanding staff; maintaining and developing high quality teaching and learning.
- The development of a collaborative culture supported by Federation leadership, built on current strengths to manage and sustain in a landscape of ongoing change.
- A sustainable model with schools remaining at the heart of their local community.
- An opportunity to rationalise and reduce duplication across multiple sites thereby increasing leadership capacity to develop our role in a school led system.